Why Should You Consider a Pezzini Luxury Homes REALTOR® ?
Studies show that home sellers who use a REALTOR® to represent them generally get a better price than those who sell the home themselves. REALTORS® are up-to-date on critical processes and can help keep you out of trouble. They can also help you get your home sold at the best price in the right time frame.
Equally as important, REALTORS® add objectivity to an inherently emotional transaction. Selling your home can be one of the biggest decisions you make in life, so having an experienced and knowledgeable Real Estate Showcase professional representing you makes good sense. Real Estate Showcase agents fully understand the real estate process – and just as important, they know all the in’s and out’s of your local real estate market.
Selling Your Home by Traditional Methods
This can be a very confusing time filled with many questions and potentially few answers if you go it alone. Fortunately, Real Estate Showcase can help.
Pezzini Luxury Homes can answer all of the questions you have about selling your home. We’ve been doing it for many years and we pride ourselves on delivering the best experience possible. Our customers come first and we strive to make sure that the home selling process is as painless as possible.
Here’s a simplified look at the home selling process so you can familiarize yourself with how easy and hassle-free Pezzini Luxury Homes agents can make it :
- Preparing to Sell your Home
- Determining your Property Value
- Getting your home listed
- The Listing Period
- The Closing Process
1 – Preparing to Sell your Home
Be clear about your intentions and motivations. Ask the question : “Why do I want to sell my home?” The psychology surrounding your decision to sell can affect the potential sale and the negotiating process of the final sale.
Begin by making a list of all the interior and exterior projects that you want to complete before placing your home on the market, for example :
- Touch up interior and exterior paint as needed.
- Install new carpeting and flooring if it appears worn or dated.
- Make sure the front is cleaned and spruced up – curb appeal will create a favorable first impression.
- Trim bushes and plants as needed, and make sure the lawn is kept mowed and trimmed.
- In Autumn, rake the leaves.
- Keep the interior clean, de-cluttered and odor-free, ideally eliminating the evidence of pets.
- You want buyers to see themselves living in the home so it’s good to remove personal items such as family photos and memorabilia.
- Consider putting excess furniture and belongings in storage.
- Clean out the garage, basement, and sell or give away unwanted items..
- Consider a pre-listing inspection to address problems in advance of those raised by inspectors working potential buyers.
- Consider engaging a professional stager to give your home the right emotional appeal.
2 – Determining Your Properties Value
There are several key factors in the determination of home values but the top considerations are :
- Market Conditions
- Property Condition
- Neighborhood comparisons of homes in your area and the asking prices of those homes.
- Supply and demand. Do you live in an area with increasing job opportunities or an increasing supply of homes?
- Specific needs. Do you need a quick sale or can you hold out for more desirable offers if the market affords this?
- Are you flexible or firm in your asking price? The seller often negotiates to split closing costs or to offer different allowances to the buyer in order to complete the sale.
Pezzini Luxury Homes will provide a thorough and fair buy valtrex online market analysis of the homes in your area. A Market Analysis is usually free and without obligation.
3 – Getting Your Home Listed
There are several methods by which a Real Estate Showcase Agent will drive traffic to show and ultimately sell your home :
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Open Houses
- Website and Internet Spotlights
- Print Advertising
- HOMES™ Magazines
4 – The Listing Period
- When potential buyers visit your home, plan to be absent or make yourselves as inconspicuous as possible.
- Have fresh flowers in the entry way. It makes for a friendly introduction into your home.
- If offers are made that don’t match your asking price, don’t reject them immediately. Consider your agent’s input regarding market conditions.
- If you and your agent have priced your home properly, it will move without excessive wait times on the market.
- Don’t get discouraged. In buyer’s markets, homes may take longer to sell. It’s all a matter of finding the right buyer for you.
Work With Your Agent
- You have the best chance of selling your home if you work closely with your agent. Make sure all showings are coordinated through him or her. If you have a brochure box, be sure to keep it filled. If prospective buyers want to discuss your property or negotiate price or other terms, defer to your agent. He or she is the expert and can best handle all these details in a balanced way.
Receiving An Offer
An acceptable offer depends on certain things :
- Is the offer near the asking price?
- What is the time frame for both buyers and sellers?
- The strength of the Buyers financing
- Inspections and contingencies
The negotiating process can at times seem very complicated. However, if you are using a Pezzini Luxury Homes agent, we can make this a streamlined and relatively hassle-free transaction.
During the negotiating process of the sale of a home, the seller can react in one of three different ways:
- Accept the buyer’s proposed offer
- Decline the buyer’s offer
- Make a counter-offer
It is important to remember that the negotiating process may require some diplomacy. Be willing to entertain concessions in exchange for other considerations offered by the buyer.
5 – The Closing Process
The closing process is often a fluid and changing one, referred to as “settlement” or “escrow” in different territories. Most closings are completely automated now and both parties are no longer required to be present at the time of signing.
Closings usually take about 30- 45 days to complete. This mainly depends upon the buyer’s financing availability, the successful home inspection completion less and various lender conditions (ex. title search, title insurance, termite inspections, surveys and appraisals).
The closing process is the transfer of the title of the property from the buyer to the seller. The buyer will receive the keys to the home or the deed to the land, while the seller receives payment for the property. The amount the seller receives is based upon the amount that is still owed on the mortgage less any outstanding fees or taxes and any additional closing costs. All legal papers are filed with the local records office.
Buyers and sellers are not required to do much at this phase but it is important that the buyer take a final walk through the property to make sure conditions have not changed much, if at all. It is equally important for both the buyer and seller to make sure the paperwork they are signing reflects the agreements and terms of the original sale.
For more information or to discuss the potential listing and sale of your home, contact Pezzini Luxury Homes today!