Personal safety today is more of a prime concern than it ever was. And while many people in Los Angeles may feel like they don’t need an armored vehicle, you should remember that investing in your safety must be your number one priority. If anything, increased social injustice, terrorist attacks, and instances of violence will become more frequent in the future.
Continue reading this article to find:
- What an armored car is and its special features
- Reasons why you need an armored car in Los Angeles
- Common myths about armored cars
What Is an Armored Car?
An armored car is a transport vehicle that is designed to have complete armor-plating to provide optimum protection to the passengers against any attacks. These cars can be customized according to your budget and needs. An armored car in Los Angeles typically has the following special features:
These are a type of cover that is designed to absorb the extreme impact of explosive devices. The blanket lessens the shrapnel that comes off explosives (such as pipe bombs or hand grenades) at the time of the explosion. Good manufacturing companies incorporate a lightweight blanket in the car structure that could suppress the bomb impact.
Run Flat Tires
These tires can enable the car to attain a high speed quickly and run at 50 to 70 miles per hour. Run-flat tires can, therefore, help you escape a dangerous and run to a safe zone within a few minutes.
Electric Shock Handles
This feature is inserted in the electric door handle system and connected to a power inverter that helps convert a small battery voltage into a large one. For added safety, a shielded toggle switch is installed inside the car as well.
Road Tack Dispenser
A rod tack dispenser allows you to escape dangerous situations easily. When the dispenser is deployed, you can remotely release devices from the car’s rear wheels onto the road that damage and deflate tires of other cars following you. A console with a protective shield is installed inside the armored car to activate the dispenser.
Myths about Armored Cars
Even though armored cars and other vehicles today are more common than before, multiple misconceptions revolve around them and prevent potential buyers from investing in them. The following are some myths about armored vehicles that you should avoid.
- Only for the Rich: An armored car is seen as a luxury that only the rich can afford. In reality, however, several vehicle manufacturing companies make such cars at affordable rates.
- They Are Heavy: Armored cars are generally heavier than ordinary cars because of all the extra features. But this does not equate them to tanks or huge vehicles.
- Only Government or Army Officials Can Use Them: They are in no way restricted to be used by a particular segment of professionals I society.
- They Are Illegal: Some people perceive that owning armored cars is against the law because they pose some danger. This assumption is extremely flawed because instead of posing a danger, armored vehicles provide protection against danger.
- They Are Suffocating: This myth evolves from the assumption that windows can’t be opened in an armored car – which is not true. You can use the windows of this car as easily as you can of other cars.
- Bullets Bounce off the Surface of the Car: This myth emerges from the lack of understanding of how bullet-proof cars function.
When You Need an Armored Car
If you are not sure whether to get an armored car in Los Angeles or not, read the following situations when owning an armored car is necessary.
- If you own a luxury vehicle and you want to save it from damage. Armored vehicles are never easily damaged or destroyed unless someone intentionally tries hard to do so.
- If you are a public personality and go out in public too often.
- If you visit highly threatening places frequently such as sites of drive-by shootings, terrorism or even kidnapping.
- If your neighborhood has high instances of dangerous incidents.
- If you want to ensure maximum protection for your family and yourself. Such vehicles will not only provide protection but also give you a heightened sense of safety.
Whether you own a luxury home or live in an ordinary townhouse, an armored car is the ultimate security measure that you have to invest in when faced with increasing external threats.